Tuesday, February 5, 2013

3 songs to get you through the next ten days - yes, to Valentine's Day


Happy February! America survived the black out at the Super Bowl (and I haven't seen the word 'fierce' used so much than to describe Beyonce's great performance) but now the focus for some is surviving the 14th - Valentine's Day.

You either love it, you dread it or *gasp* you're totally indifferent. Here are three songs that will help you prep your heart to help you either enjoy it or get through it. And, those indifferent ones - I'm going to hedge a bet that you really love it! ; )

For those in love or for those that love being in love (everyone loves being in love!), listen to a live version of Kishi Bashi's Manchester here:


As one friend told me - this is what love should sound like. I always put this on when the day hasn't been totally spectacular and seriously, bippity boppity boo - I feel like I'm bouncing around on a cloud. This cd resides in my car's cd player. It definitely gets put on when I've hit a spot of inane traffic.

(Kishi Bashi plays Houston on March 8th. Don't delay on getting your ticket. The last Houston gig was electric and there was no black out!).

For those recently single (and potentially going through the whole post-breakup fiasco of an idea of possibly, maybe trying to get back with the person you/they just deemed unsuitable...this song will help you feel a bit normal. Don't worry, everyone has done it at least once.)

Tame Impala's It Feels Like We Only Go Backwards is perfect for you.

They are also coming to Houston but the gig is sold-out. I can't believe I didn't get a ticket but moving right along! (Yes, if you have one in Houston or Austin, comment below! I only need one!) Here's another re-mix of the song.

 I came across this song yesterday whilst listening to XM U (if you have XM but no subscription, you can listen for free until February 12!)

It's about ten years old and I don't think this Australian band has put out anything since - either way, it's a nice song for those in-between.
The Avalanches, Since I Left You.


Music makes everything so much better. Time to dust off the mourning jacket and get out of the house. Take a dance lesson, cooking class, read a book, go support your local music scene so you have more songs to listen to - it's going to be ok! For those in love, enjoy and still go support your local music scene. :)

So, these are mine - what are yours? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment