Saturday, February 4, 2017

Reading ranks high for Super Bowl's New England Patriot Malcolm Mitchell

This morning my husband told me he finished two books already this year. To some that is a lot in less than two months, and to others they've already left that goal in the dust.

Honestly, I'm jealous. My Goodreads account looks like someone that can't commit. I can't even tell you how many books are still "in progress." Twenty-five, perhaps? I just started on a book on the Galveston Flood of 1900 from last weekend's plane ride, and now I'm itching to get back to a book on Catherine the Great.

As I was casually driving through the hills of Westchester County (I was lost), this story on CBSNews radio came on about New England Patriots' Malcolm Mitchell. I encourage you to read it and hope you encourage children and adults of all ages to keep reading - it's so important.

When Mitchell started college, he only had a junior high reading level! Now, he's an author and wrote "The Magician's Hat," a book for children. Also, thank you to the lady that invited him to be in her book club.

Again, here's the link to the story and maybe it's time for me to sit down and commit to those books more. Heck, maybe someone will invite me to be in their book club?

No comments:

Post a Comment