Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday is Soup Day

Every Sunday, I prepare soup to eat for a few days of the first part of the week.  This is out of being health conscious and for having one less thing I think about.  I also like to stream the previous week's Pipe Dreams radio program.  Super calming as I start to graze upon what's to happen in the next week.

As I write this, I'm streaming WQXR, soaking a cooking pot & prepping to make tortilla soup...sans tortilla, listening to Houston Texans vs. Baltimore Ravens (not looking good for HTX), perusing conferences recommended by Under30CEO, debating whether to have another Diet Coke and thinking about the 15 other open windows on my laptop and whether or not I'll actually get to read whatever it is I must have deemed important enough to keep it up there.

Today has also included reading articles on how to work better.  The paragraph up above is not an example of focus as I think it's representative of someone that is easily distracted.  I know this and I'm trying to improve upon it.

Some ways to work on distraction and working smarter rather than harder:
1.  Limit email reading to three times a day
2.  Set time for conversing on other forms of social media.
3.  Take breaks {my office staff goes for a walk around 3 pm usually}
4.  Be less busy {go to less events}
5.  Take care of me {run 5x a week at least and hit the gym, eat well}
6.  Read, read, read

How do you combat distraction?

No comments:

Post a Comment