Monday, January 9, 2012

Week one is done

Even though it has officially been a week into the new year, I am constantly saying to myself, "I can't believe that was only ONE week."  I don't say it with disdain but definitely awe.  There's still so much to do in the next couple of weeks, let alone the next 51.

I'm also excited for the world premiere of Hope Stone Dance Company's
 latest work that opens on Thursday in an empty retail space at Houston Pavilions.
Love the collaboration between business & other non-profits (Mercury Baroque
and Houston Boychoir).  Merde! Photo: Simon Gentry.
One thing I'm definitely doing more of is seeing friends.  We can get so drawn into the projects we do that we forget to take charge of our personal life.  I see and talk to people ALL of the time but it's rare to have a one-to-one chat with a dear friend because our schedules are so haphazard and not in sync.  I was able to have some quality friend time at least four times since January 1st...and it's probably one of my most favourite things of the new year thus far.

Many projects are being worked on, including this blog.  Many discussions to be had -- online and off.  I hope your entry into the new year has been met with as much enthusiasm for greatness to happen as mine. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment