Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Taking cues from SiriusXM First Wave's Richard Blade

When you know what you want, you should let it be known.  And, sometimes inspiration comes from the least likely places.  Richard Blade did that yesterday on my drive while listening to SiriusXM's First Wave and I thought it would be good for us all to come clean with what we really want professionally.  If we don't let it be known to others, how will anyone ever know?

Richard stated that he wanted: 1) a new agent and 2) to be on the CBS Survivor TV series {he mentioned he's been trying to get on since the first season}.

In the first five seconds after I heard his desires, I thought..."um, OK.  That was rather specific!"  Then a few seconds later I thought how perfect it was and I really hoped someone that could do something about it was listening.

I like this initiative he took because you never know who may be listening {or reading}.

What do I want professionally?
1)  More opportunities to network in-person with people in other cities like New York City, London, Austin, San Francisco, Portland and everywhere.  I love to meet new people & hear their ideas.
2)  More audience development and community relations opportunities around the world.

There are many more but let's just keep it as short as possible.  When people are trying to lose weight, you always see recommendations for keeping a food journal.  Well, this is my want journal.  I'll look back every now and then just to remind myself of what I'm working towards.

What are yours?  Have you written them down?  Share them with me in my comment section.

Happy New Year!  Let's get to it!

[Video: Q-Feel, Dancing in Heaven, 1982.  This is the song that was played on Dance TV {Richard Blade was the VJ} in Girls Just Want To Have Fun]

No comments:

Post a Comment